- 1999-2000: Employees at Henry Mayo organized and voted for the union to be a powerful voice for ancillary staff.
- December 2000: Union members win their FIRST contract with the hospital, securing regular raises, a “just cause” clause preventing unfair disciplines, and a grievance process to resolve problems.
- September 2001: The Local begins to send member delegates to the UE National Convention to ensure that voices of health care employees are represented in decision-making for the national union.
- February 2003: Union members win their SECOND contract with regular raises and further job protections.
- February 2005: Union members win their THIRD contract, guaranteeing health insurance for domestic partners and improved longevity pay.
- February 2008: Union members win their FOURTH contract with increased annual raises and a specialty certification bonus.
- February 2011: Union members win their FIFTH contract, again securing annual raises as well as an additional Paid Time Off cash-out opportunity and a provision for Per Diem employees to pursue becoming Full Time employees.
- February 2014: Negotiations recently concluded on our SIXTH contract with the hospital! New provisions include increased shift differentials and standby pay, easier access to PTO cash-out and overtime, and secured annual raises, health insurance and retirement benefits.
As part of UE, Local 1004 seeks justice for all our members, as well as for our community. We are part of a nationwide, democratic movement that includes other Southern California locals and ones as far away as North Carolina and Vermont.
For more information on our national union, visit ueunion.org.